This one is my personal favorite. I must say, though i knew the dish i perfected the method from one of my best friends Preethi. So thanks to her, today i can share the same in my blog. I love the sweet aroma of basamati rice and a slight bitterness due to methi and nice belnd of spcies which deliver a unique taste to this dish. If you are carving for some rice dish this one might just come in as handy. Enjoy it in your lunch or dinner.
2 cups basamati rice
1 cup methi fress /frozen
1 large oinion
1 tbs ginger nicely choped
1tbs garlic finely minced
1 tbs cumin seeds
1 stick cinnamon
4 -5 green chillies
2 tbs canola oil
1) Soak the basamati rice for 1/2 an hour
2) Pour 2 tbs oil in a pressure cooker, once the oil get's hotter add cumin seeds ,1 cinnamon stick, couple of cloves
3) Then add chopped ginger , garlic ,onion saute till it truns brown then add sliced tomato, green chillies, frozen or fresh methi.
4) Now add the soaked rice to the above mixture and pour a cup of water, put the salt per taste
5) Well.. close the pressure cooker and put the wishstle and let it cook well.
6) Once the cooking is all done serve with fresh raitha.