Tuesday, November 25, 2008
Broccoli Tove /Dal
I had only known soup made out of this vegetable and always wanted to try and Indianize. Coz this vegetable is so healthy and should be part of our diet sometime for all those nutritions, minerals and fibers etc it boasts to have. And thus was born my broccoli tove or dal. Well, it turned out to be very tasty, so thought i should share the recipe.
1 cup broccoli
1 cup toordal or moongdal
3-4 green chillies
little ginger grated
1 tomato nicely chopped
1/2 onion chopped
1 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 lemon juice
salt to taste
2 cloves of garlic nicly chopped
1 red chilly
1/2tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
4-5 curry leaves
pinch of hing
1) Wash and pressure cook the dal with little turmeric .
2) Cut and wash the broccoli, boil this separately and keep it aside .
3) Heat a pan and pour the cooked dal , broccoli ,add salt ,slitted green chillies,grated ginger,chopped onion,tomato,cook for 4-5 minutes .
4) Now add lemon juice and mix this for awhile .
5) Season the dal with oil,red chilly,cumin seeds,mustard seeds ,nicely chopped garlic ,hing and curry leaves .
6) Serve hot with white rice .Enjoi!!!