Monday, February 2, 2009
BROCCOLI AND ONION PARATHA
3 cups wheat flour
2 tbs all purpose flour
salt to taste
1 1/2 cups broccali grated
1 lagre onion nicely chopped
3-4 green chillies
1/2 turmaric powder
2 tbs corinder leaves nicely chopped
1 tsp garama masala powder
1/2 tsp ginger grated
1/2 tsp garlic nicely minced
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp ajwain whole /powder
1 tbs Parmesan cheese powder (optional)
salt to taste
1) Mix the wheat flour , all purpose flour,salt with required amount of water and knead the dough for 3-4 minutes .keep it aside .or keep it in the fridge .
2) Heat the heavy bottom pan and put little oil ,add ajwain ,ginger garlic grated ,onion and green chillies , fry this mixture for 10 minutes .
3) Take grated broccoli ,put it in the papaer towels and take of the excess water if any . Mix it with above mixture .
4) Add cumin powder , garama masala powder,salt , corinder leaves and little parmesan cheese powder( optional) cook this for 5-10 minutes .
5) Allow this to cool before making parata .
6) Take desire amount of dough roll it in to circle and put 2tbs of brocaoli masala and gather the corner of the dough so as to cover the dough inside .
7)Flattern this with your palm and roll out the parata .
8) Heat the tawa and fry the parata both side by adding little oil /gee .
9) serve hot with yogurt or dal of your choice !!enjoi