Sunday, April 5, 2009
Chocolate Orange Cake
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened choco powder
1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
4 tsp Ener g egg replacer /3 eggs
1tsp instant coffee powder
1 tsp orange zest
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup sour cream
1/2 cup half & half milk
2tbs powdered sugar
Betty crocker chocolate icing
2tbs orange curls
1/2 cup grated chocolate curls
1) Preheat the oven 325 f and take 8"round baking pan and lightly grease it , dust it with little all purpose flour or choco powder .
2) Shift together all the dry ingredients (all purpose flour ,baking powder,choco powder,sugar,egg replacer ,instant coffee powder) mix it well .
3) Add all the wet ingredients one by one .
4) Then add orange zest and mix together .
5) By using electric mixer, beat all the ingredients to combine together about 2-3 minutes .
6)Pour the batter in to baking pan and tap it to spread evenly.
7) Bake this about 30-45 minutes till the tooth pick comes out cleanly .
8) Leave it in the pan for 10 minutes and leave this on the rack for 1/2 hour to cool down completely .
1) I have used betty crocker chocolate icing for frosting ,frost the cake sides and top very evenly .
2) Decorate this with some orange curls ,and grated chocolate curls.Then pipe the design of your choice (using half and half milk and sugar beat this well till it gets good creamy consistency) .
3) Garnish with some orange slices and serve chilled .Enjoi :)
I am sending this wonderful chochlate orange cake to For the Love of Chocolate hosted by Poornima nair .