2 cups jack fruits
1 cup creme of rice /idli rava/sooji
1/4 cup jaggery
2 tsp coconut grated
1/2 tsp cardmom powder
Pinch of salt
Tread to tie the banana leaves.
Banana Leaves Cylinder Wrap .
1) Put the banana leaf over the gas flame for 2 seconds to make it fold-able.
2) Fold the banana leaves in to a Cylinder shape as shown below
3) Then take a thread and tie one side of the banana leaf cylinder and keep the other end open so that you can pour the jack fruit mixture.
4) After filling the jack fruit mixture seal the other end as well.
1) Take a pan and fry the creme of rice / idli rava / sooji rawa for 10 -15 minutes in a medium flame .
2) Grind together jackfruits and jaggery to make fine paste .
3) Then heat the heavy bottom pan and pour the jack fuit mixture and creme of rice
4) Boil this for 5 -10 minutes then add coconut ,pinch of salt and cardmom powder .
5) Take a banana leaf cylinder and pour the 2 big tbs ful of jack fruit mixture and tie the other end of the banana leaf cylinder with the thread .
6) Then place this in the idli maker or in the steamer /cooker(do not use the weight ) bake in the medium flame about 30- 40 minutes .
7) Before serving discard the bananaleaves and serve hot with gee.
8) If u don't get the bananaleaves then u can bake this kadubu using idli stand appling little oil.
This post is my contribution to the AFAM- Jackfruit event hosted by the wonderful Lakshmi at Taste Of Mysore. Thanks for hosting Lakshmi