2 cups pitted dates
3tsp brown sugar
1pinch elaichi powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1tsp turmeric powder
1/4 cup oil
1) Heat a heavy bottom pan .Put pitted dates ,jaggery and little water /milk mix it well .Add elaichi powder and let it cook for 10 minutes.
2)Take a small quantity of the above mixture and give it a ball shape.Make few of small balls and keep aside .
1) Mix all purpose flour,turmeric,pinch of salt put little water to get the Chapati dough consistency.then pour 4tbs of oil and cover this dough and let it sit for 1/2 an hour .
1) Take a small size ball of (wrapper)dough.and spread that on your palm.then take one of the stuffing balls and cover it slowly.
2) On the wax paper /aluminum foil/banana leaves..apply little oil and place the wrapped dough and gently press it like a circle .
3) Heat the tawa and fry it till it turns golden brown both the sides.
4)Serve dates Holige/Vabbattu with gee.Enjoi!