Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Kids Special ....Potato Nest and Potato Cutlet (egg)
Potato (vegitable) nest :
1 large potato
salt to taste
pepper or red chilli powder
egg white 0r corn starch
oil to deep fry
1 boiled potato
1 green chilly
1/2 onion nicely chopped
2tbs grated cheese
1tsp ginger garlic paste
1tsp garam masala (optional)
2tbs corn starch
salt to taste
Oil to deep fry
Potato (Vegitable )nest
1) Peel and grate the carrot and potato .
2) Take a pan and put the salt and pepper or red chilli powder and egg white or corn starch ,grated potato and carrot mix it well.
3) Heat the paddu maker and put 1 tbs ful of this vegitable mixture and make a nice nest shape .If required add little oil,when it is half done ..very carefully take out of the paddu maker and set aside .
4) Heat the oil and deep fry this vegitable nests .Now your Potato (vegitable) nest is ready.
Potato Cutlets ( eggs ):
1) Heat a tbsp of oil in a pan, add the onion and green chillis and saute till the onions turn transparent,Then add pinch of salt and pinch of garam masala pwd and combine. Turn off heat and keep aside.
2) Combine mashed potatoes,onion mixture , grated ginger& garlic paste , grated cheese, salt and coriander leaves. Prepare lemon sized balls,.( I have made very small small ..balls just to atract the kids but u can make any shapes acoording to ur choice ) flatten each ball to form oval shaped cutlets.
3) In a small bowl, combine corn flour, water and pinch of salt. Dip each into the corn flour-mixture and roll them in vermicelli.
4) Heat oil in a heavy bottomed vessel. Once it piping hot, reduce flame and place the cutlets into the hot oil and deep fry on medium flame .
5) Then place this potato cutlet (eggs) in the vegitable nest and serve hot with any chutney or ketchup of your kids choice ...i have tried this recipe for kids ...but any body can have this cutlets and nest .It can be your snack time hit .Enjoi :D
This potato cutlet 's recipe source is here..shailaja Thanks for sharing this wonderful and very creative recipe with us .
I am sending this vegitable nest and potato cutlets(eggs) to Cooking for Kids - Potato Event hosted by Deepa initiated by Sharmi.