Dum biryani (i like to call it grandeur biryani coz that's what it is actually.. very royal, colorful) might look like bit too long a procedure to follow, but if you make up your heart and just do it, you have made yourself a huge favor to enojoy a delightful meal:-) Because dum biryani is such a grandeur dish it just creates a rich ambience by it's presense alone on the dining table.
it's a sure thing to make you feel promised of some applaudes if you are having some guests as well :-). Ok now let's quickly get down to the business... hehe
Also One could make vegitarian or a non vegitarina, obviously i have made vegitarian version . Dum veg biriyani is made using a whole lot of indian spices, flavorful basamati rice, healthy vegetables, yogurt .Enjoi !!
2 cups basamati rice
1 bay leaf
1 cinnamon stick
1 star Annise
3 tsp Everest veg biriyani powder
2 large onions
1 tsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup yogurt
1 cup vegetables boiled (carrots,green beans,potato,cauliflower,peas)
1 tsp red chilli powder
a bunch of coriander leaves finely chopped
4 tbs oil
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
6-7 Saffron strands soaked in the warm milk
1) Wash and boil the rice with little salt and bay leaf.Keep it aside .
2) Thinly slice a onion ,then take a pan ,pour little oil , fry a portion of sliced onion till it turns golden brown .
3)In the same pan fry all the dry fruits (cashews,raisins,and almond ). Transfer the mixture from pan to another container.
4)Continue with the same pan ..pour little more oil.. add cinnamon stick,star anise,and cloves, fry the remaining finely sliced onion , when it turns golden brown,add ginger garlic paste ,3 tbs veg biriyani powder ,red chilli powder ,turmeric powder, boiled vegetables and 2 pureed tomatoes.
5)Cook till oil separates, add 1/2 cup of yogurt and salt.. mix it well.
6) When it becomes little thick, add finely chopped coriander leaves. This is your veg biryani curry.
7) Grease the pressure cooker or any bowl ,spread the half the rice , veg biriyani curry,then 2tsp saffron mixture,dry fruits mixture ,coriander leaves , fried onion,and little butter on the top.
Continue the same procedure with remaining rice and curry
8) Then cover the pressure cooker with foil ,and double boil or cook the rice in the low flame for 10 -15 minutes .Serve hot with any spicy curry..or raita ..Enjoi .!:).