Wednesday, March 11, 2009
Appam and An Awards
Appam is a fermented rice pancake, it's a south indian delicacy mostly of Kerala.This one is my favs and i often make this for morning breakfast. Appam recipe comes to me from one of my best friends Sowmya aneesh. Thanks a bunch Sowmya for sharing this wonderful recipe with me . So folks i hope you all enjoi the very easy recipe @ home
2 cups sona masoori rice
1/2 tsp fenugreek seeds
1/2 cup rice flakes
1/4 cup cooked rice
1tsp dry yeast
1/4 cup luke warm water
1 tin coconut milk
salt to taste
apamkara / normal dosa tava
1) Wash and soak the rice and fenugreek seeds for 4-5 hours
2) Drain the rice and grind together with rice flakes ,cooked rice and coconut milk .
3) If required add little water .
4) Dissolve the yeast in the lukewarm water and then add the sugar .
5)Add this mixture to dosa batter and keep the dosa batter in the warm place for nicely fermention.
6) Before making the appam add salt to the batter and mix it well .
7) Heat the apam pan /normal dosa tava add little oil if required .Then pour 2 big spoon full of batter and place the lid and cover it completly .
8) When it cooks take off the appam and serve hot with any kind of chutney or curry of your choice. enjoi !!!:D
Two of the very good friends of mine Nitya Praveen and Priya has passed couple of wonderful Awards to me ..I am very happy and very Thankful to them .And also want to Pass these awards to all my bloging friends .Enjoi these awards :) Thanks