Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Panchakajjaya one of the favorite dishes of lord Ganesha is simple sweet dish yet can leave you craving for more if prepared properly. "Pancha" means five in sanskrit and the dish is made out of five basic elements hence the name panchakajjaya. So this may be my last dish before i come back sometime in Dec 09 from my vacation in India. Hope you guys like it and miss me until my next post :). see ya soon.
1cup Black channa/channa dal
2tbs sesame seeds
1 cup jaggery
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp elaichi /cardamom powder
2tbs coconut grated
1) Heat the heavy bottom pan ,then dry roast the black channa and sesame separately, make coarse powder using coffee grinder.keep it aside.
2) Take another pan put jaggery and water ..bring it to boil,when it turns thread consistency,add black channa ,and sesame powder,elachi powder,and coconut together.Turn of the gas immediately.
3)Let it cool down for some time, you can kind of crush these lumps in to powder by hands .Garnish with dry coconut powder, Serve this dish with littlle bit of ghee on the top and enjoi!:)
Thursday, August 20, 2009
1cup rice flour
1/2 tsp chilly powder
1tsp ajwain seeds
1tsp sesame seeds
1/2 tsp jeera /cumin seeds
salt to taste
oil for deep frying
1) Mix all the ingredients with enough water to make the soft dough.
2) Take muruku/chakli maker greece that first, then fill the lump of dough,then pipe it in a circle shape .(I make the circle pattern on the aluminium sheet first ).
3) Heat the oil ,then place the muruku one by one and fry this till it turns golden brown.
4)Remove the muruku from the hot oil then place it on the paper towel .Allow to cool and keep it in a dry container .Enjoi!:P